Monday, December 14, 2009

Bleak Weekend






What's Jack up to? Jack had been a funny one doing a few things that are out of the norm for him. Like in the picture here of him of sitting in front of the fire (yes, I know I need to paint, um, will get to it in the Spring).





For some reason he really enjoyed the fireplace this weekend with me as I spent lost of time in front if it watching BBC's version of Bleak House.







It was the perfect thing to watch in front of the fire and used up so much wood. Have you seen it? I totally enjoyed it. Bleak but not as bleak as I thought. Quite funny actually in parts.





Besides that, the usual running wild, finally getting the tree decorated and bowling a 132 (my new high). That was my weekend.


Thanks to all my new followers and to those who entered my PVE giveaway.
The winner thanks to random number generator is: Deidra from Jumping Tandem!
Congrats Deidra. And if your have not been to Deidra's blog please stop by. It's the perfect place for a little peace during this holiday season.


Deidra please send me an email with your info so I can get your prize out to you.


I hope the holidays are running smoothly so far for all of you.



Best,
Kwana

11 comments:

Harlem Loves said...

happy holidays! :D

Formerly known as Frau said...

Congrats to Deidra! I love the picture of Jack in front of the fire. Sophie use to lay over the heat vents. Have a wonderful week and holiday.

N said...

Now do come down to your neighbors' house to score some free firewood if you need more...we still have plenty!

pve design said...

Congrats to D- for winning and wishing you laughter and many cozy fires! JOY!
pve

Deidra said...

Oh my goodness! I am thrilled beyond words! Really and truly! I was all ready to come over here today and congratulate the winner and behold (angelic choir singing in the background) it's me! Moi! Yay!'

Thanks, Kwana and Patricia. I am...well, a bit excited!

Leciawp said...

Congrats to Deidra! I hope your week is off to a great start Kwana. xo

Kwana said...

Deidra, I'm so happy you're happy and thanks to all who played. It was fun seeing all the songs.

Thanks for the offer of firewood N.

Joyce said...

Love the photo of Jack by the fire. When our Buddy (welsh terrier) was alive he too would love a good fire.

Yahoo... Congrats Deidra! xo

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Congrats to Deidra! She is a sweetheart who deserves all things good!

Debra said...

Lucky Deidra! Jack looks so warm and cozy by the fire. My pups both love to lie near the fire. Sometimes they get so warm I don't know how they stand it- but they love it.

My Notting Hill said...

I watched Bleak House last year on PBS and was riveted to it! Agree - great to have a fire going when you're watching it. Michele

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online