Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Going Gaga for Fashion

What’s Jack up to? Jack has been sneaky lately with getting into the trash on the DL and stealing my laundry, annoying things like that to let me know Jack’s in the house and be on the lookout.



Ms. That’s Not My Age (you can check out her cool blog here) asked me to talk about Lady Gaga's costumes a bit and I’m more than happy to. Her costumes were super fab. As you can imagine they were over the top and in pure Gaga style. Some swallowed her tiny body whole others barely covered her up and I’m speaking about a fiery red bikini that she danced like mad around on the stage in. A particular fave of mine was a gold number that took me back to a movie a loved Flash Gordon, but once again I’m dating myself. I really need to stop doing that.


All the wild fashions were not on the stage either. I wish I had taken pics of the crowd. There was a guy with a jacket made of lights that I was so glad I wasn’t seated behind. Also quite a few women my age (and size) in unitards (not pretty at all) and the coolest and coldest duo were two guys in loincloths and boots and that was it all except the blue body paint ala Avatar. Very fun.




Best,
Kwana
most photos thanks to Socilaite Life

10 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Last picture reminds me of Madonna! She is a combo of Madonna and Cher crazy outfits.

That's Not My Age said...

Hi Kwana - and thank you! Love, love, love the black feathery number.

pve design said...

I think I need to get out more.
I will need time to plan my outfit to compete with all those big city, bright lights peeps.

pve design said...

ya better come over and see my royal giveaway today, go gaga!

Debra said...

Holy Smokes! Loincloths! I'm with PvE-I need to get out more too!
I can tell that you had fun with this- you are a cool Mom.

Deidra said...

I'm with Frau on that last one...vintage Madonna. And...classic Gaga! BTW - Not to date either you or me - did you dress like Madonna when it was all the rage? I did! Those were the days!

Kwana said...

Deidra, I sure did do my share of Madonna dressing. I had a name belt, black bracelets and everything. Even used to go dancing at Danceteria where she danced. I was slightly wild. Shhhh don't tell the DD.

Chudney Thomas said...

Love it. And the gold outfit was very Flash Gordon.

David Dust said...

I LOVED Flash Gordon also, and can still recite quite a bit of the dialog.

You know, it took me a while to come around to Lady Gaga, but now she has me eating out the palm of her sequined-encrusted hand!

I am so jealous you got to see her!!

XOXOXOXOXO

Kwana said...

Thanks for commenting David and I love that you love Flash Gordon as much as me. I knew we were separated at birth.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online