Monday, August 25, 2008

Time keeps slipping...

What's Jack up to? Jack's had a fun weekend of food and friends and even a bit of bbq so I'm hoping he'll be a little less snappish today. We shall see.



The Olympics have ended and today begins the Democratic National Convention which I'll probably be way too into (see below). I can't seem to help myself it feels way too big. Cut to me bleary eyed in the morning.



In a little over a week my Dear Twins will be back in school. The start of the new school year always feels kind of like New Years to me. A brand new beginning and with it all the pressures. I'm currently reading TIME TO WRITE by Kelly L. Stone when I actually have time to read. It's all about time management for writers. I've vowed that when the kids are back in school I'm all about getting on a solid writing schedule. I really have to. The summer has taken it's toll on me and if I'm going to make this work then time management is key.



What are your back to school rituals?



Best,
Kwana

8 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

Time management for writers? I really need to read that too.

Kwana said...

I'll let you know how it goes Kristen. There are lots of quotes from many different writers and should be helpful.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I don't have any kids going back to school, but this time of year just makes me feel happy like during the spring - it's all about new beginnings!! I always buy myself something new to wear during this time. It reminds me when I was a kid getting brand new back-to-school clothes! :-)

Kwana said...

Yes, BG I hear ya. I always pick up something new for myself when I'm getting the kids their new outfits. I can't resist and I have to get a new black turtleneck or two.

Jax Cassidy said...

Great book by Kelly L. Stone! I actually got interviewed for the one coming out next year and hope I make the cut in her book :)

Am I a terrible person for not watching the Olympics? Actually, I don't watch much television at all.. until BONES is back on and I get to see David B!

Happy shopping for the kiddos.

Kwana said...

Please let us know when the book you're in come out next year, Jax and no you are not terrible for not watching the Olympics! Enoy Bones.

Fifi Flowers said...

Time to get back to my time... back to the gym... back to uninterupted work... and thinking about some NEW endeavors... hmmm!

Thanks for visiting... and You're right my boys are much taller... one taller than moi and the other one catching up!

Kwana said...

Thanks for visiting fifi. My boy has passed me this year also!! shocking when that happens.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online