Friday, January 9, 2009

Is a Year Too Long To Wait?


Like some tortured romance heroine I’ve been waiting a year for this man to come back into my life.


Sad isn’t it? But very true. I’ve been pining away for him to make my Sunday nights exciting again. No offence, DH, but he’s Jack.

Jack Bauer.

Ever since the very first episode of 24 I’ve been hooked on Jack. My husband and the twins swear that I named our dear little dog Jack after him.

I tell them, no. I’ve always loved the name Jack. It’s was my grandfather’s nickname and I think the name, Jack Jackson sounds like an action hero. Very fitting for my wild dog. But if I’m honest, then sure, part of the appeal of the name came from Jack Bauer.

He's just like I like my heroes, tortured and completely alpha.

Besides the man can save the world in 24 hours. Be still my heart. And he does it without asking a thing of me. Making all the decisions rather right or wrong, thankfully usually right. Totally take charge, never wavering and never asking me to do anything. Not, what's for dinner, where's the checkbook, what time is practice, any clean socks, can I go out Saturday, Can She go out Saturday, Should we switch insurance, Did we pay the insurance, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...


Sure the whole take total charge thing could get old about a minute after 24 hours but sometimes a woman needs that escape. Loves it!

24 is back baby. You'll know where I'll be on Sunday night.


Best,
Kwana

12 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

I have never watched this show. I already watch too much tv.

Joyce said...

I'm with you Jack Jackson is a very cool name for a very cool dog!
Kwana this post is fun. You are a great writer! Have you ever given it any thought about writing a children's book with Jack? He would make a great superhero!

How perfect can a Sunday night be? A Jack by your side and Jack on the screen, all you need is a little Jack in a glass!

I shared with you how much I love the name Jack. It is a very simple, solid and strong name. A great choice for your little fur ball with so much personality.
Have a golden day! xoxo

Kwana said...

You may have to give Jack a try Kristen. He's good.

Thanks so much Joyce. You've made this neurotic writers day! I have thought about writing something with Jack. It's on the list. I don't know what type of book it will be or when. We'll see. It's crazy how a non-animal person like me has been effected by this dog. The DD and I often play of idea of Jack's story or TV show.

I agree Sunday will be fun and I do need a glass of something by my side!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Ah, look at Jack!! What a handsome fellow he is! And I am speaking of the furry four-legged one!

Happy Weekend to you both!

David Dust said...

I will be right there with you on Sunday! Like you, I was hooked on Season 1, Episode 1.

I predict Jack screams "DO IT NOW!!!!!" at least twice during the first episode. :)

XOXOXOXOXOXO

Carolyn Crane said...

Oh, aren't both jacks SO cute! Congrats on being reunited with your alpha every Sunday.

Ellen Gerstein said...

I have seasons 1-4 on DVD and season 5 on iTunes. In case you ever need a fix. Just sayin'.

Liz Harrell said...

Never watched it, but everyone keeps telling me how wonderful it is. I may have to give it a whirl!

Maureen McGowan said...

I keep changing my mind about whether or not to let myself get hooked on another season of this show... I didn't watch the first seasons, but bought them on DVD and was BLOWN AWAY. Seriously the best thing I'd seen on TV (broadcast TV, anyway) up to that point.

But I keep thinking they can't keep it going... (and then the detonate an atomic bomb...)

pve design said...

Will Jack be watching with, perhaps for ideas for a damsel in distress, he could suddenly fly with a super-hero cape and save the day. (maybe whip up dinner, tidy the house, pay the bills and then sigh a sigh of calm)

Jax Cassidy said...

I had a dog that looked exactly like your Jack! Sadly, I had to give her to my ex-in-laws because I thought it deserved a backyard and not the confines of my tiny LA apartment. As for Jack B., a few years ago I went to late night dinner near the Hollywood Hills and ran into the '24' hour star out for drinks with his friends. We exchanged smiles and 'hellos' and I was off on my way. Small world but a day later I found out my friend worked on the set of '24' and had plenty of stories to tell me about Mr. Bauer.

Kwana said...

I love all the comments about both Jacks. David you are so right.
Ellen I may be knocking on you door. All of you who have not watched give it a try and tell me what you think.

Now, Jax you have to dish. Feel free to email me anytime!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online