Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Circular Knitting

Today is my knitting group meeting day and for the past few weeks I’ve been doing some circular knitting with this super thin and wispy mohair yarn on really long needles. It’s like knitting with fluffy angel hair pasta. You can barley hold it in your hands and the more you knit the less it feels like you’re moving forward.


Around and around I go in a circle with no real idea of how things will turn out. I did start out with an idea. A pattern in my head of making an infinity scarf, something to make me feel chic, together, you know complete me. So what did I do? I grabbed my yarn, needles and dove in. And now here I knit round and round and round. Each round taking what feels like infinity. How it will turn out or what it will actually be I don’t know. This feels a lot like parenting sometimes. But hey, the yarn sure is pretty.

Best,
Kwana

17 comments:

pve design said...

"To infinity and beyond!" Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. It has a very old world aristocratic look to it, which I adore.
pve

Tonya Kappes said...

It is a great color! I knitted a purse and then felted it~ONCE! Trust me when I say...I will never use it.

Kristen Painter said...

That's really cool! Can't wait to see it done.

TSL said...

Oh it looks so soft, I wish I could touch it. I love the color as well. I have an Internet friend so attends weekly gatherings with her friends, and they knit and share what is going on in their lives. I think that sounds wonderful. I never tried to knit but I am sure it must be very relaxing. Enjoyed your post!

ArchitectDesign™ said...

It will be a joy to wear, keep that in mind when you feel you're knitting in circles!

Leciawp said...

The yarn is beautiful!! And sometimes it's relaxing to go with the flow and not know the outcome, right?

Joyce said...

It looks so soft! I can't believe how thin the yarn is. I too can't wait to see the finish piece. Have fun today with your cicle of friends. xo

Phyllis Bourne said...

That IS some pretty yarn. Sometimes I don't really care what a project turns out to be, I just want to knit.

Formerly known as Frau said...

I love my infinity scarf, it looks really pretty you are going to look tres chic sporting that.

Romance said...

I love the yarn and I adore knitting in the round... thanks for dropping by my blog

zombie mom

Deidra said...

The yarn is beautiful. I love the comparison to parenting. So true. Sometimes we just keep pushing forward without really being sure how it will turn out. We start with an idea, but the project takes on a life of its own.

Debra said...

I love the yarn- and want to see the finished scarf! What a fabulous color.

Jax Cassidy said...

Wow! I love that scarf! I'm waiting for you to make me one. LOL

Ina in Alaska said...

soft and gossamer, like angel wings... enjoy your project... xoxo

Muthering Heights said...

Wow, it looks beautiful!!!

Marilyn Brant said...

It looks so, so soft! I'm sure it'll be beautiful when you're done. And, yeah, even though I don't knit, I can see why you'd compare it to parenting ;).

Village Books said...

It's going to be gorgeous!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online