Monday, March 8, 2010

Like Old Times

What’s Jack up to? The Jackster is doing fine. He’s spent most of the weekend being his own demanding self and giving me this look which says can you get off your butt and get me a treat or something lady? This is usually following by an impolite nudge.

Here are a few pics from my weekend.

Cocktail meatballs simmering for Nana’s Birthday get together and Pokeno game. Can you say Shweaty Balls?

And deviled eggs. Does anybody make them anymore? I do!

Then the game at Nana’s so much fun. We haven’t played in ages. When I was a kid Nana and her friends would play cards until the wee hours of the morning. Now it was the next generation's turn and only one of Nana’s old friends (Mrs. G) got to come up to the apartment. We were all so glad to see her since she had not been well and was out of the hospital. She was so happy to play cards and party like the old days that she stayed up talking with Nana and closed the party at 2am!



I hope you have a lovely week.

Best,
Kwana












13 comments:

Debra said...

Looks like a nice family gathering in honor of Nana. The weekends just pass too quickly, don't they?

pve design said...

There is nothing like old times! My Grandmother was a fierce card player - I think that Nana and Grandma would have liked each other and loved playing cards.
My Grandma had the best "poker face!"
pve

Joyce said...

Kwana, I'm glad Nana had a great bday gathering. I grew up with a family that played card games.

Oh that Mr. Jack has the "terrier" look down to a T!! Smile...

Andrea said...

Looks like a great weekend!
Blessings, andrea

Deidra said...

What a perfect birthday party! I remember playing cards until morning. Those were the days...

Amanda McCabe/Amanda Carmack/Laurel McKee said...

Mmmmm, deviled eggs! My own Nana used to make them every Thanksgiving and Easter. Haven't had one in ages. I think I may need to make some myself.

Visual Vamp said...

Jack is looking good!
And I love deviled eggs and do make them once in awhile (I use tobasco mayo).
xo xo

annechovie said...

Sounds like fun and I love deviled eggs, too!!

Unknown said...

Looks good and like a lot of fun, You are blessed to have yur Nana around!
We played cards with the children the other night and after a slow start we all got into it!

XX
Victoria

Kwana said...

Thanks for the comments and I'm glad there are still so many fans of deviled eggs. Yummy and retro.

Tonya Kappes said...

Kwana!! You are making me hungry. I love family get togethers and I love your Nana!!

Ina in Alaska said...

Hi Kwana! Joining the party late today! Nana's party looked like great fun, I would have enjoyed playing cards and eating cocktail meatballs and devilled eggs (Love them!)... there was no mention of cake.....Nana is a treasure and I hope for many more happy celebrations. xoxo

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Deviled eggs are one of my favorite foods! I make them!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online