Monday, December 22, 2008

Heartbeat

What’s Jack up to? Jack is having a hard time navigating in all this snow which has now turned to nasty slush and ice. Poor thing I wouldn’t want to put my paws in that either. Before you bring up doggie booties, they are so not Jack’s style or my patience. Getting his jacket on him is chore enough. Oh the joys of winter.

It's December 22nd and the holiday panic has seeped in. My to do list for the day is 1, 2, 3, 4 …17 items long and counting. Thumpity, thump, thump goes my rapid heart.

Anybody else feeling the heat on this cold day?


Well, if you’re not or even if you are and need a bit of a break check out this great new website I Heart Daily from YA writer Melissa Walker and Anne Ichikawa. It’s a daily newsletter for teen girls with features on fashion, beauty, entertainment and news. It’s super chic and oh so cool even if you’re not a teen and just want to be in the know and who doesn’t want that? Check it out here.



Best,
Kwana

11 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

I have to get some ingredients for the things I'm contributing to Christmas dinner, but other than that, I'm good. No panic.

Ina in Alaska said...

Thanks for taking a break to update us, Kwana... as far as dog booties go... up in Alaska it gets pretty darn cold. I have booties that WILL NOT stay on my dogs' paws. Get all bootied up, walk down the driveway and they're off! The Iditarod dogs RACE with booties on for 100s of miles so I asked the lady at the pet supply store how they do it.... duct tape!

This year I decided I had enough stress so cut way back and enjoying a stress free time. No gifts. Donations to charity only. Love it!

Phyllis Bourne said...

I'm done, but we don't have kids so my holiday prep takes about an hour.

What are you getting the twins????

Joyce said...

Kwana- the count down begins... You are almost at the finish line!

I know Miss Kelly is having a heck of a time this year with her old bones. A few more accidents in the house- I guess it is her way to say I'm not going out there! G shovels out the patio so she has a clean area to do her thing and went to buy the salt for dogs so she wouldn't keep sliding around falling. We are getting more snow again tomorrow here in Chicagoland!!!
Take time to enjoy... xoxo

N said...

I feel like I always knock a few off and then more sneak back on!

The next two days are going to be loony loony for me but can't WAIT for the holiday break. Not panicking, but just the usual mania. :-)

Keri Mikulski said...

Have a wonderful holiday, Kwana! :)

Melissa Walker said...

Thanks for the love, Kwana! Have a fabulous holiday!

The Woodshedder said...

I'm finally whittling down my list to a reasonable level, so the panic is subsiding.

And, um, I tagged you for a meme. Happy holidays?!

pve design said...

This year feels so different and not a year to make a fuss nor get into a tail spin. I am focusing on keeping it simple and being thankful and joyful - I think that is what Christ would want.

Kwana said...

Kristen you are so on.

Good info about the booties Ina.

PBW I can't say right now. Just hoping they will be grateful with what they get.

Joyce try and stay warm Chicago is tough.

I hear ya, N.

Thanks Keri you too!

You're so welcome Melissa.

Beautiful sentiment PVE.

Kwana said...

Great Dame thanks for the tag I'll love you again afer the holidays:) Have A Happy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online