Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A League Of Their Own

What's Jack up to? Wacky Jack is busy sniffing around to see what he can get into. Sometimes he's such a toddler dog. Just what I need another child.


So it was love at first sight. I'm flipping through the December issue of Vogue and came across this piece on The Gentleman's League. Quick cut to me with sudden heart palpitations and sweaty palms. No, I'm not talking about a secret strip club or the new super hero movie.

The Gentleman's league in their own words: is a group of passionate New York City artists and designers, bound by their commitment to art beauty and creativity and fueled by a shared frustration with the uninspired.

Loves it! They had me at passionate and uninspired. And they were talking Bags baby!


Their first offering is a signature one of a kind bag by designer Seth Stevens with an original work of art on it created especially for you by artist Adam Razak. The bag is designed with two sides, a public and a private, to show both sides of your personalty. You go in for a consultation with the artist before the artwork begins to collaborate on your bag. Yours! Numbered and one of a kind. Sweet.

Now you all know what an accessory lover I am. This is so freakin' cool.

J'adore! I'll be dreaming of this one for a long time. You can check The League out here. photos thanks to Logoonline.com


Best,

Kwana

P.S. Is it really Dec 17th? Ugh! I'm so behind. Many card to still go out and I'm still knitting an "easy" (yeah right) present for a certain someone special and it's not done yet. Eek! I was actually hoping to get one more project in before Christmas for another someone special. Am I crazy? STOP. Don't answer that. I already know. Sigh.

17 comments:

Ms.Erika said...

I love the bags...very unique.

I'm right with you on the knitting, I've been doing more for myself then others. I still need to do a hat for my oldest and a scarf for the middle one--of course all w/o them seeing.

Good luck!

vicki archer said...

This bag is wonderful - must check them out, if for nothing other than inspiration. xv

The Girl You Used to Know said...

that bag is awesome.

pve design said...

No, that bag has my name on it! Evil yet practical.
Love it. Yes to trying to knit...you can do it!

Joyce said...

I love the bag- it is fun. Will you share what you knitted after you give the gift? I admire knitters since I can't only make knots!!

Ina in Alaska said...

The bag is FANTASTIC. Must get one! I will check their website out more thoroughly when I have more....time......... :)

Kristen Painter said...

Hot bag. Gotta go check it out!

Kwana said...

I just knew you all would love it. I wanted to send my blog post to the designers but didn't see an email address for them. Maybe we'll run into each other one day. NY is small. It's it's meant to me it will be. I'll worship from afar.
If any of you do get one send my love.

Michelle said...

Best BAGS, ahh, so cool. Good luck with the knitting.

Carleen Brice said...

I know I canNOT believe the month is half over!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG I die!!! sorry that was so Rachael Zoe! but i am living for that bag!
Eddie
www.eddieross.com

N said...

Crazy makes us all interesting...don't you worry.

And clearly...it makes for some darn interesting bags, too! I LOVE them!

c said...

haha but those crazy little dogs are the best kind!! as long as they're cute enough to pull it off.... put some new pics of my crazy poulet on my blog the other day... called the post foufou ((fou means crazy in french)) give jack my best :)

and don't worry, think we're all behind this year.. x c

Louisa Edwards said...

That bag is unbelievable! I don't think I could pull it off, but it would look great on your arm...

Jax Cassidy said...

I love me some bags...I probably own over 100 of them! I've started collecting shoes too...looking at the lovely art and design of the bag, I so want to get another one! You are wicked!!

Leciawp said...

WOW great bag!!

Kwana said...

I love the bag comments. I know it would make you all a wild as it made me.

And Eddie all references to Rachel Zoe are welcome here!

Thanks for the push on my knitting. I'm trying as fast as my fingers will fly. I'll post photos after Christmas of my little projects.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online