Monday, November 9, 2009

Book Squawking


What's Jack up to? Jack had a calm and, I think for a dog, pleasant weekend this weekend. Knowing Jack he thought it was a bore. The weather was nice, so decent walks and the nights were cool, so good sleep. That plus food and treats what more could he want? With Jack-trouble.


Today I'm happy to introduce you to a new blog called Booksquawk. It's a writer's book review blog and I'm honored to be one of the contributors. The tagline for the blog is: really good book reviews by professional writers.

Now that for me is humbling. Really good? Hmm... I'm not so sure. Now I'm new to this review game, but, um, let's just see how it goes. Shall we?
And as for the professional writer part... I don't think I've been a professional since my fashionista days and I sometimes had to wear heels and even then it was kinda loosey goosey. But hey, I am writing and I do want it to be my profession so, well, I guess that counts. Hey, they called me. I don't know who did their background checks.

Either way the cool thing about Booksquawk is that all different genres will be represented since the contributing writers have such varied tastes (yeah, expect some romance from me, yay!).
So there is lots to look forward to and you may find a new favorite author.

Please stop by Booksquawk here and stop by often because new reviews are popping up all the time. Heck, if you're feeling fancy become a follower and get a big cyber type smooch from me! Thanks.

Oh and scroll down on Booksquawk to read my review of ACCORDING TO JANE by Marilyn Brant. Thanks again!


Best,
Kwana

11 comments:

pve design said...

Flap, flap those writing wings my dear!
I just got a mouth full of feathers....and it tickled me so!
pve

Formerly known as Frau said...

Awesome I can't wait to read some reviews always on the hunt for a good book recommendation.

Louisa Edwards said...

How cool! What's the first book you're reviewing on there?

Marilyn Brant said...

Kwana, I was so honored you chose my book to review for the new Booksquawk blog--thank you!!--and have already begun quoting parts of it around the blogosphere... IMO (and, fine, I'm kinda biased :), that was a "really good review." As for the "professional writer" part--I believe we have to take on the job as professionals in our mind and in our behavior long before we're ever paid a cent for it--so, yes, you are.

Deidra said...

Yes. You absolutely are a professional! Congratulations on your newest assignment!

N said...

Nice review, and now that I have it in my hands...I'll let you know how it takes me through vacation!

Joyce said...

Congrats on your new role. I love the name "Book Squawking". I will be in need of a good book for a roadtrip 2 weeks from today. Now I have a one stop place to find a good recommendation. xoxo

Joyce said...

Congrats on your new role. I love the name "Book Squawking". I will be in need of a good book for a roadtrip 2 weeks from today. Now I have a one stop place to find a good recommendation. xoxo

Leciawp said...

Exciting to hear about your new venture!

Unknown said...

What better person to do book reviews than you? Thanks for the site. I will definitely be back!

Wendy Toliver said...

Great new blog, Kwana!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online