Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Knitting Through


Howdy! How are you today?


Me. I'm chilling. Thanks for askin'. At least as I'm writing this I am. See I've picked up my knitting again which has been even more stalled than my NaNo writing. I've been working on the same sweater for what feels like forever (knit 1 purl 1, uh, rest) , but finally, I have started the last sleeve. Now there's an odd sentence. I said it like there was 3 or 4 sleeves. Yeah, I know there are only 2, but the first took way too long and the cap took too much thinking. Felt like long division. Ugh.


Alas, I see light at the end of the tunnel. I have started the last sleeve then it's the collar and a sew up. Yay. I'm moving now! This T-neck should be ready for the summer. Woot!


Have a good one.


Best,
Kwana

10 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

I love knitting but have only successfully made scarves...sweater forget it way to difficult. Congrats on getting that far and good luck with the last weeks of your NANO.

pve design said...

Oh, but just think of all those words! Now just guard that sweater when it is done, cause I may just need to borrow it....
pve

Debra said...

Wow- good for you. I love the look of knit-but always got it too tight and it would hurt my fingers. I guess for now I'll stick with crocheting.

Purple Flowers said...

I made a vest once, and needed some help w/the instructions. My Hubby still wears it, and it hasn't fallen apart (yet) :)

Happy Knitting!!!

Kristen Painter said...

I can't believe you're knitting a whole sweater. I'm totally impressed.

Ina in Alaska said...

I admire you for making a sweater. Like the Frau, I am only capable of those fab dishcloths (which last forever) and scarves. Have not knitted in at least 2 years tho.....

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving to you and the Dear Family and Nana!! xoxo

Jax Cassidy said...

I've always wanted to make a sweater but it looks too difficult...maybe some day in my future. I'll have to wait to see yours. :)

Thanks for getting me to learn how to knit. I'm still a beginner but my half finished scarf looks pretty decent...not too Frankenstein-ish. LOL

Leciawp said...

Happy knitting! I'm trying to get organized for Thanksgiving - kind of unmotivated this year to do so, for whatever reason. Probably just lazy :)

My Notting Hill said...

I cleaned out our attic this weekend and found 2 skeins of green wool I bout in 1987, over Thanksgiving break. My friend MaryAnn and I worked on the same sweater - she finished hers.

Good luck w/your project. Maybe I should pick up my needles...

annechovie said...

Good for you, Kwana! That is something I've never learned to do. Hope that you and the family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online