Friday, February 6, 2009

Sing to Me Bettye

Happy Friday! I hope you all have a nice weekend planned. There is talk of above freezing temperatures in New York so yippee! Break out the flip-flops.

During the pre-inauguration celebrations my DH and I noticed for the first time this woman, Bettye LaVette singing with Jon BonJovi. We were wowed by her voice so I looked her up and got some of her music from the library. I came to find out that she has been singing for over 40 years. Talk about being late to the party. I am so loving Bettye. I can hear so many stories in her voice. Check her out then and now. I particularly like the middle song. You never really know who you're sitting next to.
You can find out more about Bettye here. Enjoy.







Best,
Kwana

9 comments:

Louisa Edwards said...

That is one stylish lady! I loved what she was wearing on Inauguration Day.

Kristen Painter said...

It's always fun to discover new music.

Joyce said...

I just heard on the news we are getting double digit good weather too!

Thanks for sharing in the music.

Have a flippy weekend my friend! xoxo

Deidra said...

Yay Bettye! Yay Friday! Yay Flip-Flops!

Enjoy your weekend!

Frau said...

Thanks for sharing the videos, saw limited coverage over here. That was amazing! Stay warm and enjoy your weekend!

N said...

Great "find". It is amazing how much talent is out there that isn't discovered by the masses...yet (like you!)

Thank you for sharing!

Ina J Offret said...

Thanks for the recommend, Kwana, and have a lovely warmer weekend!! PS In "tune" with your recommend, my Word Verification today was "sheness" Pretty cool! xo

Laquita said...

Nice post! - When we were at the concert - in the freezing cold people around us were asking who she was - but everyone agreed that her voice was wonderful :o)

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Gosh, I do love her!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online