Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Knit Wednesday- Diary of a Mad Black Woman

What's Jack up to? Jack's being his usual handful. Getting underfoot and chasing behind my every step today. Watch it, Jack. You could get stepped on that way.


It's been a while since my little group has been able to get together for our knit Wednesday, but we're back in the swing today and I'm all excited. I need to get out of my own head and life for a few hours. The world of teen twins is driving me mad. MAD I SAY!!!! But, I'll just leave it there so as not to fuel the already roaring fire.

Today at knitting we'll be singing a belated Happy Birthday to Sue! Happy Birthday Sue!!! Sue's a wife, mother and artist originally from Australia and she's super cool. I tell you I really lucked out in the friend and neighbor department.


As for my knitting progress, sadly, I'm no further with my socks, well, sock and being a total Gemini, I've gone onto trying this scarf in this lovely ribbon yarn I had picked up last year for a song.




It has this cool drop stitch that's easy, but makes me feel very clever. I just love that. There's not many times nowadays that I actually get feel clever (see above). So I'll take it where I can get it.

It seems Internet fame is going to Jack's head and now I can't pick up a camera without him jumping in front of it. Here he is talking the spotlight off the knitting. Thanks Jack. BTW-Does someone desperately need a Spring Haircut? Where are your eyes, Jack? I've a right mind to gel that hair up!

Oh, anybody catch the "Not So Real" Housewives of New York? Ugh. Why is my dear Bravo not paying me good money to film my not so fabulous life? I'd give them a right good show. Sure the DH can't just get a jet to send the DD to detox and we don't prefer "The Islands" over "The Hamptons" more like, "Six Flags" over "Bush Gardens", but we're real and with the Teen Titan Twins we've got drama to spare. Besides with me they'd actually get a diverse housewife. Novel idea huh? OK. Mini rant over. I'll still watch next week anyway because I'm lame like that and I want to see that creepy Speedo hubby that can't leave his wife's side.

Check out Top Check Tonight!

So what's up for your Wednesday?


Best,

Kwana

7 comments:

Keri Mikulski said...

Nice knitting. :) I took up knitting when I was pregnant and on bed rest.. Hmm.. where is that hole filled blanket?

Nothing much - Teaching tonight, toddler, writing, running, the usual.

Melissa Walker said...

Top Check? Top Chef? I can't wait!

I'm sniffling through the day, going to crawl out of my hole for a reading tonight with several great authors, then I'll crawl back in and down some Nyquil. But I hope to be better by tomorrow!

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Nice scarf! You should give knitting socks another try -- they seem like they would be so cozy!

Oh I watched that "Real Housewives of NYC" last night too!!! Isn't that Speedo husband who is attached to his wife's hip CREEPY!!!!!? He seems like he might have a few secrets that haven't come out of the closet yet! LOL!!! I just can't believe how those women live! It's downright unbelievable!!!!

Oh and the way that one Countess treats her housekeeper, Rosanna is almost makes it unbearable for me to watch! Although I will be tuning in next week! LOL!

I'm so glad Top Chef returns tonight!

Kwana said...

Thanks Keri. I was on bed rest too. Sad but now I long for the days...

Hi Melissa. I hope you're better soon. I'm sure Top chef will help!

Hi Brown Girl. I'll get back on those socks in time for Fall! Yes that speedo hubby probaly has some secrets. Yes and LuAnne thinks she's down to earth but she's so not. Ugh. You can't help but watch. Top chef Yay!

Lilypad Mom said...

That yarn is beautiful, it is going to make a gorgeous scarf. I need to pick my knitting back up again, but it's been a couple of years, I hope I remember how. Not that there was much to forget, I can only make a basic blanket or scarf - only squares and rectanges.

Is Jack a yorkie? He is adorable, long hair and all.

Kwana said...

Hi Lily Pad Mom. Thanks for visiting. Yes, try knitting again. It's very relaxing. Well, sometimes:) Jack is a yorkie. Although he's huge for a yorkie, about 18 pounds! What a handful.

Marley Gibson said...

Sooooooo excited about Top Chef coming back!!! Hope I can stay up that "late." LOL!!

Love Jack on the couch checking out the knitting. = )

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online