Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Still Dancing and holding history

What's Jack up to? Poor thing. He's bummed about all the rain today. I'm sorry Jack. No long walks today. Maybe tomorrow, Bud.


I recently received the most wonderful and thoughtful gift, which was way too big for the small favor I did and it fits in perfectly with my post yesterday (see below). My lovely friend, Sue hands me a package from her and her DH and I open it and it's a book called Dear Mrs. Parks: A Dialogue With Today's Youth in which Rosa Parks answers questions from kids about education and dealing with segregation in her time. I was so touched and thanked her ,telling her I would share it with my kids. It was perfect for me!

Then she told me to really look at it. Well, it was actually signed by Rosa Parks herself! How about that! My hands started to shake. Suddenly I was holding a bit of history. It was like I was there for a minute with her on the bus. Truly, gift I will always treasure. Thanks ,Sue and Sue's DH who is a Dear, dear DH!


So I did get to watch last nights Dancing With The... Stars? It was fun, but maybe I was tired because I enjoyed the men more. I have to first give a thumbs up to Priscilla Presley. Wow. She really surprised me. I got past her whole look and got into her dance and thought she did a great job. I love that Lisa Marie was there cheering her mom on.


Next up was the cute little firecracker Marissa Jaret Winokur. I just love her energy. I think she'll add lots of much needed fun to the show. I hope she stays around a long time.


The star for me last night was Kristi Yamaguchi, did you have a doubt? She was fantastic and I think will be the standout for the season if folks don't get lax with the votes like I did last night. I was so tired!

Well I'm off to write! What's on tap for you day. It's Wednesday to big night tonight! Viva Top Chef!

Best,
Kwana

10 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

Wow - what a great gift!

And I'm with you on the dancing analysis. I also think Monica will be the first to go.

Ah, Top Chef. How I adore thee. Woohoo!

Kwana said...

I have to agree there Kristen. Monica and maybe Adam or Steve for the men.

pve design said...

Glad you posted about your wonderful gift! Keep it safe! I am sure it is worth a lot!

Dancing, I really like Ms. Matson - I mean give the girl a hand that she danced to the beat. More than I can do with 2 good ears!

Braque68 said...

Aww, shucks!

xo

Sue

Kwana said...

Yes Patricia I will keep it safe.

Thanks Sue!

Kristen Painter said...

Meant to tell you, I added your blog to my Sistah's links on my blog.

Kwana said...

Thanks Kristen. I've been Pinned!

Kristie (J) said...

Yes *sigh* I'm a Dancing with the Stars watcher. I think Monica will be the first to depart too. She was just so clunky! Marlee Matlin also really impressed me.

And what a truly wonderful gift - with such a rich and wonderful history!!

Carleen Brice said...

That is a WONDERFUL gift!!!

Kwana said...

Thanks Kristie and Karleen! I'm so happy to have it and Marlee did just amazing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online