Thursday, February 4, 2010

Everything's Better With Bacon

What's Jack up to? Jack's doing good, hanging, doing his usual Jack thing full of vim and vigor that is until about 9:00 when his sleepy kicks in. Then all bets are off and nobody better mess with him when he's trying to get his sleep on. Zzzzzzzz.....



So, I'm sure many of you have heard the saying, "everything taste better with bacon." Well, one of my knitting buddies, T went and proved it yesterday when she brought this for the group to sample. that's right bacon flavored chocolate. To it's credit she didn't tell us the secret ingredient and the bacon wasn't overpowering so we were all guessing for quite a while. I got very close when I said something smoked. It combined sweet and salty perfectly. Have you ever?

Sadly, I have. You should have seen the faces when I fessed up to having potato chips with my chocolate ice cream. Yum.



Tell me what odd treats do you like to have on the sly?



If you'd like to try the bacon flavored chocolate you can get it from Vosges here.



Best,
Kwana

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not much for odd combinations, at least I don't think I am but Baby Boo asked for syrup on her green salad so she has me beat for odd combinations. The bacon flavored chocolate sounds good. I've been really wanting to try the chocolate dipped bacon.

Formerly known as Frau said...

I like chocolate covered pretzels but bacon....not sure. My only combo that might be odd is candy corn and salted peanuts..taste like salted nut roll.

pve design said...

Hmmm. I did detect some sort of crunch like that of bacon bits. Perhaps this is a cure for swine fever!

Just last week I was asked my 5 favorite flavors, bacon, chocolate, fresh dates and gorgonzola cheese....and anything green. But I never imagined bacon and chocolate all in one!
pve

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I have a new addiction to dark chocolate with sea salt. I love the sweet and salty together. But I'm a vegetarian so I'd have to draw the swine line at the bacon bars. :-)

Debra said...

I don't do this often but I love buttered pop-corn at the movie theatre with chocolate nonpareils. There is something about the warm, buttery flavor with the dark chocolate...

Ina in Alaska said...

OK I hopefully fixed my comment problems with Blogger... as I was trying to say earlier, I would definitely try the chocolate bacon bar! You know I love bacon!! Especially Pepper Bacon and Maple Bacon. I do not have any treat quirks but lately have enjoyed a dab of butter on my meals. Last night I put a dab of butter on my delicious fork tender pot roast that I had cooked all day in the Crock pot!! xoxo

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

I don't eat me but I have had some of Vosges other chocolates which were delicious. Chocolate and Earl Grey tea isn't bad.

Kristen Painter said...

Chocolate cover potato chips rock. Just saying.

Amanda McCabe/Amanda Carmack/Laurel McKee said...

Mmm, chocolate-covered potato chips! Salt and chocolate, perfect :)

Deidra said...

Now THAT is right up my alley! And just in time for Valentine's Day!

Jax Cassidy said...

Love me some bacon...of course, you'd have to share that bit of news while I'm going on a serious vegetarian diet. Thanks a lot. I'm sure by the end of this thing, I won't be easily tempted. :)

Janicu said...

I got this for my husband for Hanukkah. It is TASTY. I also got him their bacon pancake mix but we haven't tried making any of them yet.

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

I add some sugar in my potato chips bag! I've seen bacon covered with chocolate before...sweet & salty goes well together, burst of taste*

Michele P. said...

now this sounds yummy! Chocolate and bacon, I can't think of a better combination for our office. We always eat bacon breakfast pizzas and are craving chocolate by afternoon, with this we can combine the two... I don't eat too many weird things anymore, though I did grow up eating ketchup sandwiches. Don't ask, I was a fussy kid, lol. Thx for visiting my blog!

Kwana said...

I love all these tasty treats. They sound so good.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online