Saturday, February 20, 2010

I’d Like To Thank The Academy…

I’ve been surprised and honored to receive some very kind (though I’m not sure deserved) awards for ye ol’ blog here. On behalf of myself and the Jackster I’d like to give hearty thanks. Uh-oh here comes the ugly cry.


The first was the Over The Top award from Christine from over at The Happily Ever After.
The Over The Top Award is given to blogging friends whose blogs you consider over the top, in a complimentary way, of course. As in, they are "far more than usual or expected; extraordinary."
Now receiving this award tell me I need to go even further to be a little more Over The Top. Look out world I’m coming for ya! Thanks so much Christine. You can visit Christine here.
Before passing this award on I have to complete this little survey. Okay. I’m game.

Your cell phone? Blackberry Storm
Your hair? Hot Mess
Your mother? Wild
Your father? Passed away
Your favorite food? Too many to choose
Your dream last night? Deep
Your favorite drink? coffee
Your dream/goal? To be happy
What room are you in? Bedroom
Your hobby? Reading and Knitting and TV
Your fear? So many
Where do you want to be in 6 years? A multi published author
Where were you last night? home
Something that you aren't? Patient
Muffins? Sometimes
Wish list item? Marc Jacobs Lisa bag.
Where did you grow up? New York City
Last thing you did? Washed Dishes. So glamorous
What are you wearing? Sweater and flamer pj’s
Your TV? old. Really, it has a turn dial.
Your pets? Jack the wonder dog
Friends? sweet
Your life? Complicated
Your mood? Complicated
Missing someone? always
Vehicle? Ford Edge
Something you're not wearing? shoes
Your favorite store? bookstore
Your favorite color? Green sometimes other times,black.
When was the last time you laughed? Hmm… Must get on that.
Last time you cried? Hmmm… sure it won’t be long now.
Your best friend? Loyal
One place that you go to over and over? Bathroom. TMI?
Facebook? 1 x a day. Not a huge fan
Favorite place to eat? Johnny’s on City Island

Now I’m supposed to pass the award to 5 other Over The Top Bloggers. Okay Dokey!
Kate at Babbling about Books

Jax’s Artistic Journey

Now the fun doesn’t stop there I received yet another award. Man, you’d think I starred in Precious or at least Avatar and was painted blue with all the awards.

I received a Beautiful Blogger award from Tia at Stoic which is a super cool blog that you really need to check out. Beautiful? Wow. Look at me blushing.

Now of course all things come with a little catch and you have to pay in order to play so here are the rules behind the award:
1. Thank & link to the person that gave you the award
Thanks so much Tia. You really are the fairest of them all. Link here.

2. Pass this award onto 15 bloggers you’ve recently discovered & think are fantastic.
15? I agree with Tia. These folks are not playing around but ok. Check out these cool peeps. Some may be a bit older than the rest but you won’t be sorry. Click away:


3. Contact said Blogs & let them know they've won
Uh, don’t they have Google alerts for that? Sigh ok.

4. State 7 things about yourself

Come on. You people must be bored with me by now. Sorry if I repeat myself:
1. I can’t walk in heels. My feet instantly hurt. I wish I could though.
2. I usually have at least one twin pissed at me. Ugh. Parenting sucks.
3. I really love shrimp. Wish I had some right now.
4. I adore a good bath. I’d like a nice hot bath at having a nice plate of shrimp.
5. Throw some pasta with those shrimp and I’d be extra happy
6. Put it all in Italy and make my day. I really want to go there one day.
7. Maybe on a book trip?

Whew. I made it. Thanks for reading and playing along. At least I hope you do. I really am honored to be thought of and so grateful to all of you who stop on my and hang with me every day.




Best,
Kwana


13 comments:

Casey Something said...

Thank you!! What a beautiful award. How nice of you to think of me! Oh, and I love your header, BTW. Cute!

###### said...

thanks love! im soooo slow

Debra said...

Why Thank you Kwana. You deserve these awards. I hope you're doing well on your sweet-free journey. Today I'm down to my third dessert prep.............this is not easy!
How's your eye?

KT Grant said...

Much love! *smooches*

N said...

Congrats on both, and you are so darn cute.

Ina in Alaska said...

Happy Weekend everyone is a winner here!! xoxo

Jax Cassidy said...

Thanks so much! I feel honored to be chosen.

I've been a bit under the weather but it's a really nice surprise!! :)

*Hugs to you*

Unknown said...

Thank you! I'm honored!

Btw, I can't walk in heels either!

Heart Charlie said...

Haha!!! I love this post, I love the halle berry imagry as well ;) COngrats on the awards!!!

North of 25A said...

Thank you so much! I feel a little like Sally Field; "You like me - you really like me!" I am grateful - you definately made my day!

pve design said...

So glad you won the award. You deserved it!!
pve

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I think YOU'RE fantastic so coming from you it really is an honor.

Sorry I've been such an ingrate by not coming over sooner (what kind of winning attitude is THAT?! ;-) but I am so stressed at work and aggressively out interviewing (though can't write about that on my blog, lest I get dooced!) and it's taking up all of my energy and brain cells lately. I feel I need to issue apologies to each of my bloggy friends...is there a 12-step program for such a thing?!

Thank you for definitely being the ray of sunshine in my week...I totally needed that!

xo, Laura

Christine said...

What? Your TV really has a turn dial?! No way.

Congrats on your awards and to your recipients, too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online