Friday, February 19, 2010

Sad Clown

What am I 12 0r 13? How do I get these things? I have been dealing with a cold for over a week maybe 2 and I woke two days ago with a really red eye. I thought (well hoped) it was my allergies. No doing there. It continued so I went to the eye Dr. to find out I have pink eye. Pink freakin' eye! That and the two big pimples between my eyebrows make me wonder if I'm 12 or something. Ugh.



So that's the reason for the Toulouse-Lautrec artwork today (still keeping with the Paris feel). I'm feeling like a bit of a sad clown out there for all the world to see even though I'd rather hide. Oh and the fact that I'm giving up sugar for Lent (again) does not help my Sad Clown mood or attitude. Speaking of attitude I sure like hers. Love the pants. This was painted over 100 years ago and still they look great. So stylish.




Happy Friday.




Best,
Kwana

13 comments:

###### said...

i like her though..lol

pve design said...

My dance teacher -"Madame Heller" choreographed the most wonderful "Can Can" dance, and our costumes were very much like that grande dame. I can only imagine how hard those ladies had to work for their supper or beverage.
Good luck with the lack of sugar and life's little "bumps!"
pve

That's Not My Age said...

oh no you poor thing (pink eye is conjunctivitis, right? Which I've had a few times, it's nasty!) - hope you're better soon.

North of 25A said...

Happy Friday to you too, and hope that you feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Feel better. I hope Jack, now dried off, is nearby keeping you company.

Debra said...

I had that same thing a few weeks ago-warm packs constantly! Visit today and read about my 'sugar-slip'.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Sorry about your eye, not fun that is for sure. Have a wonderful weekend.

Laura Trevey said...

Gorgeous artwork!!!

Have a bright, bold, and beautiful weekend!
xoxo Laura

Deidra said...

I woke up one morning last week with a yucky eye! No fun! And just knowing about it makes a person want to keep messing with it when everyone knows you're supposed to keep your hands away! I hope it clears up quickly and you can get out there again in all of your stylishness!

mizwrite said...

Oh, gosh, Kwana! Well, try to look on the bright side -- it's probably better to wake up with adolescent ailments than to wake one morning feeling like you're 100, right?! (bad back, creaking knees, poorer eyesight -- ugh! Hate all those!)

Hope you feel better! I'm loving your Parisian pics!

Nikki (Sarah) said...

poor you. but this post did make me smile. Feel better and no more zits!!!

Kwana said...

Thanks for all the well wishes. It is conjunctivitis, That is not my age. So yechy. But I'm hanging.

Elen Grey said...

Kwana - I'm laughing so hard right now. I guess when you were posting on Friday about your pink eye, I was posting about my shiner. I'm just reading your post now. I hope it's much improved. Pink eye freaks me out, too, but it will go away. I look like a Klingon. Pass your glass. I'll pour the wine!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online