Monday, March 23, 2009

Time to Make The Donuts


What’s Jack up to? Jack is being Jack. He has been a sweetie to me, being so concerned while I’ve been out of it with my back ,but also taking advantage of my slow movements by getting into all sorts of mess like the trash, climbing on tables, going into the kids bags then sprinting under the beds where he knows I can’t go. Be warned, Jack. I will be better soon.



As to that I’m determined to get up and out today. I feel a bit better. The back is still hurting some, but it’s not excruciating and I’ve got way too much to do to stay in bed any longer. No matter enticing that may be. Besides, the DH can no longer wait on me. Somebody’s got to make the donuts. And I've got my own job to do.


The DD’s dance recital this weekend was wonderful and she was great. Just the best in my not so humble opinion! But honestly, all the girls did a beautiful job. I’m always blown away by the professional show that they, along with their very talented teachers, put together every year. I'm also grateful for the extra performances that they put on for charity. The fact that they give back to the community is wonderful and makes me proud.

I hope you all have a good week ahead. One that is not too busy with a little down time scheduled in. As for me plan to walk lightly, drive slowly and write a lot.

Best,
Kwana

13 comments:

N said...

You go, my dear...glad to hear it's easing at least a little.

Funny enough, I (a) had Stew's banana bread donuts for b'fast today and (b) I was actually on the agency team that retired the DD guy (it was time).

I love the dance pic! She looks AWESOME!!!!

pve design said...

I just finished making the donuts! I loved seeing all the dancers and am so thankful for all the years that I danced. Such fond memories of dancing and donuts as a child.
Glad you are "back" at it, slowly.

Joyce said...

I would love to have a fresh warm donut! I'm trying a new bananana bread recipe as I type, it is baking away! So what time do you want the pot of coffee/tea on?

I'm glad the dancers were a hit.

Take is slow my friend. Oh... that Jack just makes me smile!! xoxo

Deidra said...

Donuts? Did someone say donuts?

Your daughter's dance recital looks very impressive. Brings back memories for me.

Go gently into the world today!

Kristen Painter said...

My week ahead will be writing and spending a few more days with my folks before they head home. Then more writing.

Ina in Alaska said...

Your picture is just lovely.. I just noticed it today. Glad to hear you are improving! Take it slow! xoxoxo

Louisa Edwards said...

What a gorgeous photo!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Donuts I want one! Glad you are up and about. Beautiful picture of the dancers. Happy Monday be careful!

Leciawp said...

Donuts?? Where and when? Hope you're feeling better soon. xo

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I am so sorry to visit and find you feeling poorly. When your back hurts, there's really not much you can do! Glad to hear you are on the mend a bit.

Loved the dancers!!

Hmmm...donuts....

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Awww those dancers look phenomenal. I used to do that...way back when!

Take care of your poor back. Be good to yourself>

Maureen McGowan said...

You get better. And I heart dance. And donuts. Sadly donuts destroyed my budding dance career. ;-)

Debra said...

Hmmm- donuts...N's banana bread donut sounds good! Hope that you are feeling better today Kwana.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online