Monday, February 18, 2008

Life Support


What's Jack up to? Chillin' and just being Jack, which pretty much means I have to watch him every minute or else who knows what I'll find later.

Check out this cute little birdie that came to visit the other day in the dead of winter. I can't believe he stayed long enough for me to get the shot. Could it be a sign that spring's on the way? I sure hope so. I'm a tired of the cold right about now.



The other day I went into the city and met up with some good friends that happen to be my core critique group. Meeting them always gives me a much needed boost of writing energy.

There's something about coffee and more coffee and talking things out with folks who really know what you’re going through that just puts it all in perspective. Having people that I can go to for that extra push, well shove, I need to continue moving forward is something I'm truly grateful for.

Writing is a solitary and often times thankless job (at least until that mega-deal!) and having the support of my crit partners has been an integral part in my process of growing as a writer. Lord knows, I'm so much better than that first book. Besides who else can you really talk to about POV? You know your DH or boyfriend is really just nodding, but doesn't have a clue what you're talking about.

Thanks for all the support ladies; you’re all better than a pair of Spanx any day!

So, what are some of the support systems you have in place to keep you on the road to fulfilling your dreams? Please share.

Best,

Kwana

11 comments:

pve design said...

love that sweet birdie!
life support, easy, that would be you, my dear friend, my family, and great supportive clients who love my work and want more and my faith that I can and will do the work!
My mission to create an artful life gives me motivation and pleasure from knitting, painting, preparing my home, raising decent children and connecting with other artful moms, and bloggers! An amazing supportive community...right at our fingertips!

Kwana said...

Thanks Patricia. I'm glad to be included in your support. You know you're high on my list!

Kristen Painter said...

Spanx rock, just wanted to throw that out there.

My whole family is pretty supportive. Plus the Sistahood doesn't suck either.

Kwana said...

Yes, Kristen, family is so important. Without the DH I'd have given this up years ago. I'm also so thankful and proud to be part of the sistahood. Being supported by such talented writers is invaluable.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I sure hope spring is near! With it being 64 degrees today in NYC sure makes it seem like it's close!

I have the support of my friends, co-workers, mentors and family when it comes to my writing. Although after I launched Brown Girl Gumbo, I haven't had as much support from them as I would've expected.

Thanks to loyal readers like you Kwana, it really make it worthwhile. I truly appreciate your support on BGG!!

I can't wait for you to get that mega book deal!

Wendy Toliver said...

Great post, Kwana. Love the birdie and the spanx analogy. :)
Also love that you're in my life, and I can call you any time to chat or vent or just say hi. You have a special way of making me feel like I'm not bugging the crap out of you. Haha!

Marley Gibson said...

Oh man...loves me some Spanx! Thanks to Wendy Toliver! :::EG:::

Kwana said...

Thanks so much Brown Girl. I really love your blog and admire how you are making your dreams come true. Thanks so much for your support too. I'm sure we'll meet one day at some fab show or launch party for one of us!

Kwana said...

Thanks so much Wendy and Marley. You two know you are my go to gals! You never bother me and smile even when I annoy you. Thanks for all you do.

Megan Frampton said...

Kwana:

That is the sweetest post. Thank you, you are just as important to my plugging away as you say we are to you.

Kwana said...

Thanks P.I.C!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online