Friday, July 31, 2009

Bad Writing

Happy Friday!

What's Jack up to? As I write this (late Thursday night) the Jackster is right under me up under my bed snoring lightly. Poor thing, he's worked so hard. Trying to sneak into the trash multiple times, but I was up on my game and thwarted him each time. I'm sure today he'll come for me with extra strength. I'll be ready. I hope.

What is bad writing?

I find it hard to define, but it's something you know when you read it. Now being in a book club the subject of bad writing has become an interesting and lively debate.

For me it's writing that doesn't flow or hold my attention. It's definitely writing that I have to go back and read a few times in order to understand or writing that doesn't ring true and I don't mean in a fantasy way I mean in an authentic way.

I'm very interested in this documentary Bad Writing with George Saunders and David Sedaris.



So how would you describe Bad Writing? This post maybe? Ouch!

Have a great day.

Best,
Kwana

8 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

Bad writing is writing that doesn't draw you in or give you a reason to care.

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

I'm the first to admit...I'm bad!
ps: Hope you enjoyed last night Atlanta Housewives, that is one fab 'script' witting no?! Love the drama!!

Sheryl said...

Good Morning Kwana, tell Jack hi from Maddie. She says the weather is great for a walk, want to come join us?

Joyce said...

Oh dear- I'm not a good writer, but I will say I do love your stories of Jack the man. He makes me laugh when I imagine the run for the money he is giving you.
Have a golden weekend my friend. xoxo

Wendy Toliver said...

Haha, great trailer Kwana!

Jax Cassidy said...

Bad writing -- never had those days. LOL

Yes, I know, I'm among the living again.

home before dark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina said...

Bad writing is so subjective, usually. I know the authors I enjoy aren't considered very good to some people *eh* who knows. Additionally, I've had people tell me I am very good while others tell me I'm alright. Again, who knows? haha

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online