Thursday, July 2, 2009

Tweetup

What's Jack up to? Just chilling on his couch perch as I type this. He's had a cool and lazy day, then a good night and is in no mood to let it go. I understand Jack.

So yesterday I attended my first tweetup hosted hosted by @smartbitches. You remember Sara Wendall from her Beyond Heaving Bosoms guest post here.


"What's a tweetup?" I hear you asking. Well a tweetup is a sort of meet up with the call going out over Twitter.


So Sara sent out the tweet: Come to the Smart Bitches Tweetup tonight @ Irish Rogue @ 530pm


And I thought about it as I was doing afternoon errands of grocery shopping. I really wanted to head downtown to meet up with friends for a quick drink and some book gab. Really.

So after much back and forth in my mind I was on the train, headed downtown and then...

Tweeting up! It was a perfect evening to sit outside and people watch in the city.



See Twitter can be fun!

Photo thanks to Sara. Check out co- Bosom author Candy Tan in front looking
so cute in stripes!

Best,
Kwana

15 comments:

KT Grant said...

It was a great time. Nice weather, good drinks and great conversation.

The Girl You Used to Know said...

I'm so glad you went! Looks like a fun time was had by all.

pve design said...

I am so glad you finally decided to go, cause you sure look happy! We need to remind ourselves of the fun we can have when we are there...just getting there is the hardest part!
pve

Deidra said...

A tweet-up sounds like fun. You look like you're having a blast - hanging out with friends, watching the passersby and talking books.

Anonymous said...

How fun! So glad you canceled all the stuff you were "supposed to do" and went for the fun stuff instead. Love the pictures.

Ina in Alaska said...

FUN!! What a fun idea!!

Purple Flowers said...

Glad you look so happy!

Melina said...

It was so much fun, wasn't it? @smartbitches are the best! :-)

Carolyn Crane said...

Good for you! Looks like fun.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Happy, happy faces on those people!!

Edward and I are wishing you and Jack a most celebratory 4th of July!! The first in a long time with a president to be proud of!!!

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun! I guess I need to jump on the Twitter bandwagon, huh?

Jax Cassidy said...

Looks like so much fun! Glad you took advantage of the outing :)

Sheryl said...

You just gotta love Twitter. Looks like you're having a great time. Have a happy 4th.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Fun time...great way to beat the heat grabbing a few drinks and chatting. Have gotten into Tweeting yet.

December said...

looks like a fun time! I love drinkys outside on a lovely day

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online