Saturday, July 11, 2009

Grateful


What's Jack up to? Jack is being his usual self. He was out back doing fine hanging with the family until a couple of guys walked down the block that he didn't know then he was off like a shot sending the DH after him with promises of the moon if he'd just come back. How do you solve a problem like Jack? Well... how?

I stole the title of this post from Deidre over at Jumping Tandem after seeing her eerily similar post. This morning the DD came running down. "Mom did you see the tree in the backyard. I was so scared it was going to crash through my window!"

What?! How did I sleep through that one?

I jumped up and yep, there was a huge tree limb that fell just missing the house. It was from about 50 feet up so I'm sure it would have caused significant damage. It was also about 16 feet long.


I'm feeling very grateful today and thanking God for keeping us safe while I was snoring the night away. Oh, scratch that last part. There's no way I was snoring (Ignore any rogue comments from the DH). LOL.


Best,
Kwana

14 comments:

Taina said...

So scary, Kwana! The Man Upstairs was truly watching out for you. I like how Jack had to get in there to investigate.

Wendy Toliver said...

yikes! glad everybody's okay tho. hello to jack!

Maureen McGowan said...

Phew. Color me grateful it missed you guys, too!

Purple Flowers said...

This is the third tree/limb I have read about today. http://thisstopwilloughby.blogspot.com/
had a tree come down half in her yard and half in the street. What is going on here?!
Glad you and family are safe. That's the most important issue.

Deidra said...

This is craziness! All of these branches falling from the sky. What is up with that?

I'm so glad that everyone in your house is safe and sound.

Kwana said...

Deidra, maybe this means we're supposed to look up.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

Dawn said...

I'm so glad you and Jack and your DH are safe and healthy!

Joyce said...

EEKS- this is a little scary to be hearing about the tree limbs just falling. I'm glad everyone is safe and well. I got a kick out of the last photo with Jack looking to make sure all is OK. xoxo

Unknown said...

I agree. I had read Deidra's post about her tree limb and now yours. As Deidra's husband said, "Looks like you got some firewood for the winter!" What a blessing that there was no damage!

Kristen Painter said...

Wow, that is kinda scary. Glad y'all are okay!

Debra said...

Holy Smokes-that was close! Thankfully all is well. I too am grateful that you are all well and came out of this unscathed.

Kwana said...

Thanks for all your kind words. We are so glad to all be ok.

Willoughby said...

Wow, isn't it incredible that we all had such similar incidents?! Thank goodness no one was hurt by any of the falling limbs.

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Oh my gosh!! You are llluucccckkky. Glad everything's OK.

And, p.s., that Jack. Wunderluster. :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online