Sunday, April 19, 2009

Stepping Pretty or Charles in Charge

What’s Jack up to? Jack had a fun weekend. The weather was beautiful in New York so he got to spend lots of time outside yapping at the neighbors and being a general pain in the butt. Jack also got to enjoy our new porch.

Which I’m now calling The Veranda.
Sure it’s not quite large enough to be called a veranda but I feel like a proper lady when I step out on that freshly laid blue stone.
This was such a necessary home improvement. Our front stairs were literally crumbling under our feet. It was so sad.



Check out my porch top. Just chipped painted concrete.
Side Wall was falling apart. That second step was a doozy.




If you refer to my unfortunate event post here you’ll read how I was shocked early in the morning by our Stone Man Charles showing up early Monday morning with a full team and 2 trucks while I was still in my nightgown and hair a hot mess.



But it was no matter, Charles and his team were ready to work. Shout out to my neighbor over at LoveMomWorkLife for finding him. It’s great to have friends. He came in at the last minute of bids and stole the show.


Speaking of stealing the show, let’s talks about the team. Charles guys are all sweethearts, most with these Irish Brogues that will steal your heart right on down to his young sons who were out of school last week and stopped by for a visit.




I had my driveway full of romance heroes for a week. Just bliss. The DD could not wait to get home from school every day.

And in less than a week. Voila! Beauty meets function.



His stone cutters are artisans that are passionate about their work (I’m talking you Elvis!) Yes, we got into it over ¼ of an inch and one or two stones but I can appreciate that being an artist myself. In the end it was all love and the details were beautiful.Can you believe how they cut the stone to fit around my railing?




Not to mention as they were power washing the stone Charles did my deck and house too. Love him!



If you’re in the New York Area C & P Paving are the go to guys. Here are The DH and Charles happy that the job is done. So what the kid's college tuition is gone. Who am I fooling? It was never really there in the first place.

And Jack's already loving it!









I hope you had a good weekend. What's on for the week?


Best,

Kwana

16 comments:

pve design said...

Wow. Look who will be steppin out in style! That Jack is the best, already breaking them in. I know Nana is just going to love it, I see a nice comfy loveseat or 2 chairs for her to commandeer the neighborhood with her watchful eye. They turned out really swell and so fast. I know you will enjoy this for years and have some lovely pots of plants brimming with pride!
Listen, the "book" will soon be there, and be a "success" - (Romancing the stone!)
pve

Kristen Painter said...

Oooo...very nice!

Gotta write this week, plus a whole bunch of other stuff as I am headed to RT on Wednesday.

Joyce said...

Very nice Kwana! I think you will be hosting the first veranda party of the season. I can see it will be the perfect spot for Jack. He has a bird's eye view of the neighbors and laying on cool smooth stone on a warm day. How lucky he is! Enjoy your beautiful veranda my friend! xoxo

Kwana said...

Thanks so much Patricia. I know Nana will love it. I'm searching for the perfect chairs.

Thanks, Kristen have a great time at RT!

Joyce you know Jack will be loving it!

N said...

The steps rock (ba dum bum - couldn't help myself) and I can't wait to see Nana on her new veranda. Really they look great and you sure did the part of turning the entire neighborhood onto our Charles!!!

Debra said...

Wonderful new steps. I would like to step forward into this home filled with laughter, and so many great books. Perhaps a little chair in which to read while watching over the neighborhood.

Sheryl said...

That last picture of Jack looks like he's smiling for the camera. Your steps are beautiful. I'd put a chair out there and write just to enjoy them.

Have a great day.

Mageela said...

Lovely! I guess you got Jack's paw of approval.

My Notting Hill said...

Looks terrific! The contractors sound wonderful too.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

All ready for summer flowers!! It's lovely. Jack will be so comfortable there!

Leciawp said...

looks great Kwana! I hope your week is off to a great start.

Ina in Alaska said...

Getting caught up Kwana! The stairs and verandah are just WONDERFUL! Smiles all around!

Your post reminded me of when we had our roof replaced a few summers ago. The roofers were young hotties!!! The neighbor women were out doing their yard work while the roof was being replaced. And 2 of the neighbors had the same crew so we had a glorious summer!!!! We would all tease each other we spent so much time outside that year oogling those roofers!!

December said...

wow - they did a fantastic job! Congrats on the new Veranda!

inkWELL Press said...

Wow - it looks fabulous and how great to have that ready just in time for spring. Looks like Jack's enjoying it already!

cotedetexas said...

Kwana - this is stunning!!!! Just stunning!!!! what a great job - wow. I'm impressed. very very well done. now I want some beautiful stone steps!!!!

Kwana said...

Thanks for the so kind comments. This was a big deal for us. Now I'm on the hunt for the perfect chairs for the porch, excuse me, Veranda. Ha! And so much yard work to be done to spruce up the rest of the place.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online