Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Back to the Grind

What's Jack up to? Today he's in the chair at the window, looking sad as everyone leaves to go to school and work and he's left with just me. Sorry dude.

So it's back to the grind for everyone. On this the first day back to school and work after the long holiday vacation I'll be doing like mothers all across the country and trying my best to get my house back in order. Christmas decorations to take down, a mountain of laundry to do, cleaning that could take days and the small thing of a book to finish polishing.

Everyone left with only a small amount of nagging and disturbance. "Let's go, let's go! you won't have time to eat if you don't hurry up, did you get your lunch, do you have all your books, what about your instrument, two minutes, the bus is coming, you'll be walking if you don't hurry, call me after school, write down all your work, do well and oh, love ya, have a good day." Whew.


On another note: I have been loving this sweater on the cover of Suss Cousins' Hollywood Knits for the longest time. I think it will make the most perfect black turtleneck. In my dreams it's bulky, but light weight and I knit it up perfectly making it just the right length for my long torso. In my dreams.


In reality, I've only finished three other sweaters (tons of scarves) and they have not have come out as perfectly as I first imagined. Passable, but not quite there. But always the hopeful one, I'll keep trying.

Right now I'm working on a new pair of socks in a very cool Mountain Colors Yarn that a friend gave me as a gift. I have such great friends.

Best,
Kwana




2 comments:

Megan Frampton said...

It's already 8:00, and I've gotten none of my own work done.

SIGH!

Kwana said...

I'm sorry Megan. You know I'm sighing right along with you. Tomorrow's todo list is sadly just about the same as today's.

SIGH!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online