Monday, September 15, 2008

Momapry

What Jack up to? He's chilling this morning after a busy weekend filled with tons of exercise. For some reason he felt the need to walk me more than me walk him. It was all good though. I can sure use the exercise. Thanks Jack.


After the stressful week last week I felt the need for a little mom therapy so I took Saturday afternoon off for a little me time.

I had the pleasure of heading to the Rye library for a reading and book signing with Melissa Walker author of the teen Violet On The Runway series and my blog friend. She was speaking with spokesmodel Selena Breed about writing, modeling and the fashion industry.


It was such a great talk and the girls were on the edge of their seats listening to every word as Melissa read from her book. I was thrilled to finally meet Melissa in person. Holla Melissa!



Then to continue the mom-therapy I went to the nearest multiplex to see what was playing and lucked out with Tyler Perry's latest The Family The Preys just starting. With it being the opening weekend the movie was packed so me and my overpriced box of Goobers had to sit in the second row but it was so worth it. In my opinion this is Tyler Perry's best movie yet.


Starring Alfre Woodard and Kathy Bates I was blown away by this movie. There is no Medea, no slapstick, none of the usual lines that you can just plug in and anticipate coming up even before the actors deliver them. Tyler steps out and gets serious. Plus you can't go wrong with Sanaa Lathan and Robin Givens sparing.



I tell you that Tyler really knows how to make me feel like a writer slug. He's written and produced I don't know how many plays and movies, is a millionaire I don't know how many times over and guess what he just turned the ripe old age of 39 this weekend. Happy Birthday Tyler! Get to work, Kwana. You've got some catching up to do.


What's on tap for your week? Me, I plan on making it a better week than the last one.



Best,
Kwana

8 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

My week is mad busy, but Hotrod and I are going to see a matinee today. Probably something with guns, tho. That's more his style. lol

pve design said...

Kwana,
I can always rely on you to have your finger on the pulse, book talks, movies, latest political news, bringing me up to the minute on media, fashion and fun!
Now, get busy, you too can do it! Never lose hope of your dream!
PvE

Unknown said...

I am so glad to read your review of Tyler Perry's movie. I usually wait for his fims to come out on DVD. Glad to hear this one is worth going to the theater for.

Continue pushing and following your dream, don't compare yourself to others and great things are bound to happen!

Phyllis Bourne said...

Like you, I've gotta get to work on the writing.

Have a good week!

Eileen said...

Glad you took some time for yourself. You deserve it. Sounds like a wonderful afternoon.

Kwana said...

Thanks for all the wonderful comments friends. Take a little momapry for yourselves too even if you're not a mom. Very important!

Melissa Walker said...

Kwana, it was so, so great to meet you in person! I was ecstatic to see you there. THANK YOU! Magazine tips coming soon. XO, MW

Kwana said...

Thanks Melissa. I had a blast!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online