Monday, May 11, 2009

Another Monday- Say Thanks

What's Jack up to? Jack has had a fun weekend. We got a bit of sun so Jack's had some time to be out and run around in the fresh air. Of course that doesn't stop him from getting into high jinks. That's a great word for Jack. High jinks.



Another Monday. They just keep coming don't they? You know we really should be thankful for that. I know that putting the breaks on a really good Saturday or better yet a fun Friday night sounds awfully good sometimes, but hey it's impossible so I guess I'll be thankful today for another Monday and another chance to say hi to all of you.

I'm feeling ok today. I've been quite blah lately, not that I'm swinging from the chandeliers, or that they could hold me, but I'm cool today and holding onto that.

I had a great time at the 80's party on Saturday night. I went with Frau's (thanks Frau) suggestion of the boyfriend jacket and leggings with a touch of neon (thanks David) in my vintage Prince concert tee from 1988. I was so happy when I found it in the back of my drawer. It's the one article of clothing that just seems to never makes it to the donation bag. I still HEART Prince. The party rocked! We danced and sang and one dad tore it up by break dancing. He showed the Dear Teens what it was really all about in his Aidais sweats and cool attitude.

Mother's Day turned out lovely. It started early with going to church and next was a screening of the new Star Trek. Can you say Vulcan crush? Cuz I haz one.

The movie was wonderful I loved seeing the reintroduction of all the new old characters. I can't wait for the next one. I hope filming will start soon.

Then I planted my yearly geraniums in the pot for my porch and ended the evening with Chinese food and The Celebrity Apprentice finale. It was a good day.
In other news: I'll be forty in 1 month. Yikes!

How was your weekend?

Best,
Kwana

21 comments:

KT Grant said...

Wasn't Star Trek great? Spock and Kirk can beam my up any time.
Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day :D

Joyce said...

Kwana I say you dance card was FULL this weekend! I'm glad you had a great time. When is your birthday? 40 is not bad wait till you get 50 then things start to fall apart and spread. LOL... No just kidding. Birthdays are fun. I always feel you must embrace them because they keep coming like each Monday so enjoy. LOL...

Have a golden day and a big hug to you and Jack! xoxo

Sheryl said...

I agree with Joyce your dance card was full this weekend and really 40 is not bad. Sorry Joyce not quiet sure about 50 so I'll take your word on it for now :)

Glad you had a great weekend. Are you doing anything special for your birhtday?

Formerly known as Frau said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I miss Mother's day planting, I bet it all turned out nice. Happy early birthday! Ah! I remember turning 40 the first time! I'm staying at 40 so now they are anniversaries. Have a great Monday!

Deidra said...

You look smashing in that outfit! Sounds like the party was a hit. My husband always resorts to The Robot at those kinds of affairs. I would have liked to check out the break dancing.
Forty was one of my favorite birthdays ever, but oh so long ago...

N said...

Such a fun weekend! We had a blast with you on Saturday and we did show the kids (all 13 of them) how to party.

Still can't believe you found that shirt!

And with regard to your Vulcan...can you say holy good casting?!

Karena said...

It was a great weekend. with my art exhibit opening,time with family and friends for Mother's Day. So much I am thanksful for...Kwana thank you so much for looking at my art... your comments are so encouraging!

Kristen Painter said...

Weekend was good, but today will be better as we're finally going to see Wolverine!

Ina in Alaska said...

YAY for Joan Rivers!!!!! But oh my they dragged it out!!!! I enjoyed seeing her jewelry in each episode I have a number of her pieces courtesy of my mother. xoxo

Amanda McCabe/Amanda Carmack/Laurel McKee said...

LOL on your '80s dance, Kwana! You look fab--you just needed a big scrunchy lace bow in your hair. :) (I have no idea what I would wear to such a thing--I think I have a pink taffeta party dress with big puffed sleeves I wore to an 8th grade dance around here somewhere...)

Haven't seen "Trek" yet, but am hoping to next weekend!!

annechovie said...

Your weekend sounded fun, Kwana! Glad you had a good Mom's Day. I had a great weekend - wonderful weather and some great food w/family. BTW, 40 is still young, girl!

David Dust said...

You look great!!!!

XOXOXOXOXO

pve design said...

let's hear it for the 80's - all about attitude and beyond!
pve

T.Allen said...

*Fans face* Kwana, you needed a Monday to breathe! What a fantastic Mother's day weekend, good for you.

40 is like a decade-long celebration for graduating your 30s, or so I've been told. Either way, I'm planning accordingly-you should too!

Jax Cassidy said...

I loooooved Star Trek, too!

Just so you know, I went out and bought a knitting kit. Now, if I can only learn the basics I may have a new hobby for when I'm in bed and can't sleep. Wonder if I can manage a scarf by Christmas for Mr. Right. LOL

Never know until you try, right?

Keli Gwyn said...

I'm looking forward to seeing Star Trek. The DH is a fan, so this is one time he might be glad to go to the movies with me. Poor fellow's certainly endured his share of chick flicks through the years. Probably won't know how to react when I say, "Let's see a sci fi." :)

Kwana said...

I'm glad you all like he outfit. It was fun to wear.

Star Trek was just great!

The birthday is June 11th and I hope to keep it low key. Thanks for making me feel better about 40.

Decorno said...

Looove the outfit!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Star Trek won the weekend box office...heard a lot of good things- must see it soon! I heard 40 is good & 50 is even better...haha tha's according to Oprah...my mom says otherwise! haha*

Debra said...

You look great for the 80's party! Bet that was a blast! Are we both Geminis? I am amazed at just how quickly the years fly by now...

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Happy belated mom's day...and the big 4-Oh is coming up! I think we need to have a bloggy get together to commemorate said occasion!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online