Thursday, May 7, 2009

Take Me Out to The Ball Game




What’s Jack up to? Jack has not been happy with all the rain we’ve been having in New York. I have to practically pull him out the door for his walks. I hear you Jack. I’m not thrilled about it either dude.


Last night I got to go to the new Yankee Stadium with The DH and DS.





It was with mixed emotions that I went to the other side of the street abandoning the dear old Yankee Stadium of my youth. The one I used to walk across the 155st bridge to in the summer along with Nana, Mrs. George and a multitude of kids from the Harlem neighborhood where I spent every summer.


But times change and there I was in the new brightly lit stadium with my own excited son. Even though the Stadium was new, I’m happy to say the characters remained the same.

And a little romance in Beyond Heaving Bosoms at the game!


It was an exciting game with a crazy tie up in the pouring rain in the 8th inning which resulted in a rain delay. But sadly, the Yanks went on to lose in the 10th. I’m tired today.


Here I am in my fetching new Bronx Bombers Hat. I love it! Perfect for bad hair days and walking Jack.



I hope you have a great day.

Best,
Kwana


P.S.


Scroll down to talk The Fashion Show! Are you watching tonight?


16 comments:

Deidra said...

Good bye old, hello new. You look stunning in that hat!

pve design said...

All I want to know is if you had some cracker jacks?
That is my favorite thing, the Cracker Jack dude has been there for- e-v-e-r! I hear his signature cry---
"Crrracka Jacks!' Looks like a great eve!
Love the hat!
pve

Maria Geraci said...

Awesome hat!

I'm so jealous. I love baseball (although I'm a Mets fan). Did you see any homeruns? Have heard the new stadium is built in such a way that it's making it easier to hit them.

Ina in Alaska said...

Ironically Kwana, last night I learned that I will be at the NYY Sept 9 game at the new stadium!!! Am very excited. I too have mixed emotions about the new stadium... loved the old one and was so sad to see all the park land go away to make room for this one. I hope "they" bring back the park. LOVE THE HAT!!!!! Getting it!!!!!

Formerly known as Frau said...

SOunds like a great night.I'm with pve hope you had cracker jacks and a hot dog. I have such childhood memories of Yankee games. Hearing them yell out food! I'm with everyone love the hat! You are a pretty lady! Jack needs a hat!

Amanda McCabe/Amanda Carmack/Laurel McKee said...

What great pics, Kwana! I love your yellow scarf. :)

And I am definitely watching Fashion Show! I bet Isaac M. is a hoot

Debra said...

Oh what a fun evening- and a snazzy cap. You are adorable.

Anonymous said...

I think it's HIGH-larious that you brought "Beyond Heaving Bosoms" to a baseball game! Excellent! Baseball needs more heaving bosoms! : )

We are huge baseball fans, too. (Angels) We always wanted to see Yankee Stadium, though. I think it's sort of sad, too, that that stadium -- with all its memories -- was replaced. Is there going to be a museum or anything for Yankees history?

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Look at you in your cute hat & scarf! And you are my type of sporting event attendee with your book there.

As usual, Jack is too cute in his rain gear.

PS - Yes, I'm going to hurry home from happy hour to try & catch "The Fashion Show" (and "Grey's", and "The Office"). I just adore Isaac.

Seeker said...

You look so nice and cute!

xoxo

Ina in Alaska said...

Dear Mizwrite, I wanted to return to express my condolences to your team, the Angels, on the tragic loss of Nick Adenhart.... :(

So sorry!!!! xoxo

Kwana said...

Thanks for the kind comments on my hat and scarf. You all are know how to make a girl feel good.

I sure hope the Yankees start to do better. Honestly I'm not the biggest baseball fan. I'm only a Yankee and Knicks girl (why?) and that's seeing them live. Please don't make me watch on tv. I zone out.

Ina, So cool you'll ve visiting NY and seeing the new stadium you have to let me know what you think. Look for the hat on the ground floor at the booths. It was not in the big store. FYI.

As for the Crackerjacks? I don't like them. So sorry. As a kid I'd just take the prizes and eat all the peanuts. So it was peanuts for me last night. As for the dh and ds they had lots of treats!

Maria, saw some hits but no homeruns.

Megan Frampton said...

Damn, Kwana, you look so good in that hat!

Kristen Painter said...

Verra cute hat! And you know I'm all about the FS, baby!

Sheryl said...

Maddie hates the rain, she'll cross her legs forever before she'll go out in the rain.

Love the hat and the yellow scarf.

Joyce said...

You look good in your new hat! I like baseball games. xoxo

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online