Friday, October 10, 2008

Casting On

What's Jack up to? Jack's wondering where this week went to. Nah, that's just me. He's doing the hanging in the hall closet thing that he loves so much. I just don't get that dog sometimes and I'm sure he's probably thinking the same thing about crazy me.


Casting on in knitting is always done with a a little bit of fear and excitement. But like the point of the One Sock Moment a decision must be made otherwise you're left stuck in the same place or hopping around in a circle on one foot.

So you cast-on with nothing more than a vague road map, a pile of string and faith in your ability to produce something out of not too much, but your drive and ambition.




Notice it doesn't hurt to have something lovely like Pride and Prejudice in the background to inspire you!


Tell me what have you been thinking about casting on? A book, a painting, a business venture, a night class, a new love, an old love? Yummy. Don't get stuck in a one sock moment. Time is too short.

Take a deep breath and cast-on.

Best,
Kwana

7 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

Been thinking alot lately about my new little jewelry venture. Hoping it's not a complete waste of time. I love making the jewelry tho! It's almost meditative to concentrate on something so much.

Jax Cassidy said...

I'm envious. You're so talented! I've always wanted to learn how to knit. I did some crocheting in Home Ec but that was eons ago. I actually use to be a decent seamstress but even my dreams of a fashion career went downhill so I ended up picking up a paintbrush and a camera. :) Much easier. LOL

Kwana said...

Kristen your jewelry is beautiful. Cast-on with that. I love the esty store idea.

Jax you are casting on big time with you writing! You're amazing. And keep up with your camera and your painting. All art is valuable and changes you. Thanks for the props but my knitting is just so-so. I have so much to learn.

pve design said...

kwana,
what are you talking about, you knit circles around the best! wish I was casting on something new, but at the moment - I have a pile of work, of artwork to do, so I will be a good girl and "hammer away" - at my craft.

knitting has to take a back seat for now. duty calls.
pve

Amanda McCabe/Amanda Carmack/Laurel McKee said...

I am thinking about the new book I just started writing. And Halloween! I luv Halloween. :)

I think I'm going to make "don't get stuck in a one sock moment" my new motto...

N said...

Casting on about my new career path!

Kwana said...

Love to hear about all you are casting on.

Patricia keep up the great work. It's fantastic.

Amanda so glad to hear you are thinking about a new book and congrats on the new one!

N I know your new career path will be a success!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online