Friday, October 10, 2008

Opinions please

So is this too close for comfort or A-OK?

Is Kenley's Wedding dress too close to the Alexander McQueen that the Project Runway judges were referring to last week?


Kenley's:


Alexander McQueen Fall 2008





Photos thanks to David Dust again. Loves him. I had not seen the McQueen last week but now that I have, I think it's too close for comfort. Now I come from a fashion background and have done plenty design "interpretation" in my day but this "interpretation" is pretty close to the line. Down to the flat shoes and the color of the feathers!

Check out Project Rungay for more thoughts on this subject. I do still think her bridesmaid dress was way cute though.

Best,

Kwana

Keep reading the day's not over...

12 comments:

N said...

See....say.

Kristen Painter said...

It's very close, but I like Kenley's better.

David Dust said...

I think it's interesting that this is the second time Kenley has been accused of "borrowing" from other designers, and yet she still claims to not pay attention to other collections.

What a 'coinkydink'.

XOXOXO

pve design said...

Nothing like bird's of a a feather, flocking together.
I still like it anyway. I remember design "thieves" when I was working and there will always be one in every crowd! Bring in the Fashion Police!

mrs. confidential said...

wasn't that the first thing Kors said about her dress? and the mcQueen show had come out that fall too so she really had ample time to have seen it... because it was one of McQueen's best shows anyway so it was gettting a lot of press! and kenley even defended that "no one has this silhouette!" what the hourglass is patented by her? she's nuts.

Kwana said...

I love the opinions. I don't buy for a second that she she doesn't pay attention to the collections. Right. And I don't watch TV.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kristen. Its so similar (and I didn't even notice the choice of shoes until you mentioned it!), but I do like Kenley's better!

Amanda McCabe/Amanda Carmack/Laurel McKee said...

I had seen the McQueen in red but not in cream--hmmmm, very suspicious. :) (and that WAS silly, what she said about how "no one has this silhouette". Aside from being made of feathers, it's a fairly typical strapless hourglass '50s style thing). That said. I kinda like the skirt of Kenley's better, and I do love the bridesmaid's dress, but I still think she is whiny and obnoxious.

Marley Gibson said...

Hmmm...it's close, but I agree with Kristen, I think Kenley's is better.

Fifi Flowers said...

These look like Carrie dresses for SATC movie.

Anonymous said...

VERY close to being the same thing, but like a lot have said, I do like Kenley's dress better.

Kenley's still a whiner, though. She'd be liked a lot more if she'd just shut. up.

Leanna Renee Hieber said...

Um... is Kenley playing the lead in Swan Lake?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online