Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Real World

What's Jack up to? Jack's enjoying the crisp Fall air. It's fun frolicking in all these crunchy leaves, huh?

It was attitudes all around on America’s Next Top Model. Can someone tell me what is wrong with Marjorie? I’m over her insecurities now and this is coming from me, one of the most neurotic people I know.

But out this week was Joslyn. Once again I don’t agree with the judges AT ALL. I thought Joslyn pulled it out after being sick as all get out. If you ask me (and I know you didn’t) neither she nor Elina should have been in the bottom two. It should have been Marjorie or that McKey who just makes me roll my eyes whenever I see her.
What is up with this mess? I am so getting over this show. Till next week of course!

So I was feeling absolutely lost without Project Runway last night. LOST. Thank goodness I don’t have long to wait for Top Chef. Whew. I love my Wednesday fix.


But, like an evil little ray of light STYLISTA came on right on time. Watching budding fashionistas trying to make it too Elle mag for stone faced fashion editor Anne Slowey was a nice treat.

It was especially fun watching it with the DD. I swear kids today know nothing about paying your dues. It totally took me back to my days in fashion. MY DD could not believe it when I told her how I was the girl that did the many coffee runs straight out of college before I got to actually design a measly flower, forget an actual garment.

She didn't want to hear it. She was all, “Mom, seriously, I need some new clothes,” throughout the whole show. And I was all, “well you’d better get to running and making me a latte or something. Hop to it girl.” Time to teach her how the real world works.



Best,
Kwana

8 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

I really wanted Marjorie to go home. She bugs me. And Joslyn deserved to be there after hanging when she was sick. C'mon people! Cut the girl some slack.

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Totally agree. Marjorie should have gone home. I just don't get her. I was uncertain with what I was going to in between Top Model and Top Design that I was extremely happy when I realized that Stylista was starting. I always wanted to work in the magazine world so it was treat to watch this. Anne was a little too over the top for me. It looked like she jotted down notes from watching one to many viewings of the Devil Wears Prada to figure out how she was going to act, but the person that bothered me the most was Megan, 22 that owns her own store, has a great apt just 10 blocks away, wore Chanel on her first day. Ah! I hated her. All in all I really did like the show and will be adding it to my list of shows I watch.

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Oh I like your cool new way of posting comments. How did you do that? Please don't tell me it's always been like this and I just haven't noticed. I've been completely loopy with all of my allergy pills so I may be completely wrong.

Anonymous said...

Poor Joslyn. I think she pulled it off despite being sick. She shouldn't have gone home. Marjorie is a giant insecure pain in the butt and needs to go. McKey annoys me. I thought Analeigh rocked! Onto Amsterdam!

pve design said...

I had to take the "shoes" to the cobbler and get lunch from the Potato guy on 7th avenue...and clean designer desks. I loved every minute!
Fond memories of "that girl" come to mind.

Lump said...

I think I'm hooked on Sylista! Definitely going to be recording that on DVR just like America's Next Top Model. :)

Kwana said...

Thanks High heeled but I'm as surprised at this as you. It just turned up like this today. I miss the pics though in the comments.

I'm glad we are all in agreement on ANTM Ladies!

Katie I'm glad you're with me in Stylista!

PVE it sure takes up back!

Kwana said...

Hey now the comments are back to normal? I have no clue what is up.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online